By Susan Morse, USFWS
Wanna try something really wild?
Visit the wilderness!
Your Refuge System — a network of public lands that protect wildlife and wildlife habitat — includes more than 20 million acres of wilderness.
The Pines Trail at Great Dismal Swamp National Wildlife Refuge along the NC-VA border. (USFWS)
And get ready for the 50th anniversary of the 1964 Wilderness Act, which is happening next year.
You should also get to know our 2013 Wilderness Fellows. They’re a great group of folks and they’re really passionate about, well, wilderness!
Susan Morse is a writer/editor who works in the National Wildlife Refuge System
- mac108 likes this
- guatemalanwhiteboy likes this
- stumblingalongtheway likes this
- davdetch likes this
- stroker-easy likes this
- flask-jeeves reblogged this from usagov
- flask-jeeves likes this
- amonemoney likes this
- quietstorm1234 likes this
- wexp likes this
- cap10greg likes this
- happiiiily-disturbed likes this
- usagov reblogged this from usfws and added:
- plaidrhino likes this
- washekoda likes this
- snap-eat-love likes this
- todaysdocument likes this
- vintagenatureandtea likes this
- wildkingdom likes this
- usfws posted this